Lets play guess what took two hours:
- What’s that, “She napped for two hours?”- Nope not this time!
- Someone else?.. “You got two hours of ME time?” Haha I see you are a comedian!
- Well ladies and gentlemen the answer is…TWO STRAIGHT HOURS OF CRYING!
Ooo I can just hear it now, “Did you try (fill in the blank)? Yup take a look at what I tried…
- Singing her favorite song, “You are my Sunshine”, to which she CRIED.
- Negotiated/Bribed her.. If you stop now Mommy will wake YOU up at 4am for your favorite feeding!!!- Nah she didn’t take the bait!
- Deep lounges..BTW who is the maniac that determined this was a soothing technique??? And she continued to CRY while I developed a leg cramp!
- Vacuumed! Isnt white noise like this supposed to help? Well the house is now clean but you guessed it she cried on right through it!
- I then did the unthinkable..LET HER CRY WHILE I LEFT THE ROOM! Parent Failure right?? Well regardless if it was or not she continued to wail and was now sobbing- GO MOM!
I then repeated steps 1 through 5 and then added the most important step..I PRAYED! Was prayer going to stop her from crying..maybe, maybe not but what id did was center me so that I could remember the most important fact, she would eventually fall asleep!
I think babies have a sixth sense and can tell when you are freaking out because as soon as I calmed down she fell asleep. Now dont get too excited, it was a short nap but she woke up happy..as for me I was still revved up. So, I laced up my sneakers and fastened her in her princess mobile (AKA the BOB stroller..a separate post will come soon about that thing) and went for a jog. Cupcake clearly made out in this scenario as guess what she peacefully napped while I huffed and puffed!
Take a look at the picture, notice her tiny little butt is up in the air..I know she purposefully did that as her way of communicating how she felt by the whole” letting her cry for 2 hours deal!”
Lets just chalk it up to B.A.B. syndrome. In other words her just Being A Baby!
She is bound to have another episode like this one, it may be longer or shorter. Perhaps I will try these steps or come up with a separate list but I know one step I wont be omitting..PRAYER!
Hoping your little ones or big ones or whomever you had to deal with today, behaved better than my cupcake!